So, I am writing this post in Canada, being towards the end of an eleven-day holiday in Toronto.
I have learned the following things about Canada:
* They share the U.S.'s inexplicable love of not putting the cost of taxes on stuff until you take it up to the till, with the result that you're never sure how much something is going to be until you actually go to pay for it
* They have an odd definition of "ale" (most of them appear to be lagers)
* They love to recycle
* They enjoy slipping you U.S. 1 cent coins on the sly instead of Canadian 1 cent coins
* They enjoy American football, so it is actually enjoyed in more than one country
* They don't say "eh?" that much