Saturday, June 27, 2020

Addendum to the addendum

Well, I shoved "Into the Unknown" out of my head but it got replaced by "Show Yourself", which is still resident.  Progress...?

On a related note, if you have access to Disney+ I implore you to check out their new series Into the Unknown: Making Frozen II.  If you're a massive geek like what I am, heck, even if you're not, it's a delight.  I love a good making of and such things are traditionally thin on the ground with Disney disc releases, so a whole series - 6 episodes, about forty minutes each, a good four hours' worth of content - is an unalloyed joy.  Quite apart from reminding you how much effort goes into these things (and a riposte to the feeling, which I admit to having myself at times, that a CG animation is somehow less involved and requiring of craft than a hand-drawn or stop-motion feature), it's surprisingly enthralling.  A good chunk of the first three episodes centres around whether (yes) "Show Yourself" will even make it into the movie, and it's riveting and weirdly tense even though you know exactly what'll happen.

No comments: